Wednesday, October 12, 2005

MY BARFING DOG...

WARNING...BLOG IS NOT FOR WEAK STOMACHS:

So, my dog seems to be barfing and yacking a lot these days. I'm beginning to be a little concerned. She has the tendency to chew on EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD...and I am finding my self cleaning it up in the mornings after she's barfed it up.

It started a little over 2 weeks ago when she chewed up a friends bright orange nerf football. Later on, she was hacking and wheezing and eventually barfed up lots of orange chunks of foam.

...then the other day, I woke up to her hacking outside my bedroom door, and found a little pile of stuff that consisted of her green lizard toys head.

...then this morning, again, I found a little pile of stuff that consisted of chunks of hard black plastic in it.

Its this hurting her stomach? Is this normal? Is she just being a dog and I should not worry?

5 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

thanks for the praise!

i think she's just being a dog... what kind of dog is she? some dogs chew more than others. how old is she? if she's 2 or younger, don't leave her with questionable chewable stuff. if she's older, she could need a doggy dental visit. does she only chew up stuff when you're gone? maybe she really misses you and needs something to do while you're gone...

can you tell how obsessed with dogs i am? :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

She's a golden retriever that is only 7 months old. Yah...I think she's just in the "Hey Mom, I'm going to chew on everything and barf it back up to show you." stage.

...thanks for visiting.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Please tell me what you use to clean the carpet! My little 'angel' decided to yak up some lovely colored mess on my carpet and I can't figure out what to use this side of bleach! Any pointers?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Nope...no pointers. I sprayed Lisol Tub and Tile cleaner on it. ON CARPET!!! Yah, wrong person to ask.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

Ooh - we have a puker. I do not envy you.

GROSS FACTOR WARNING:
Watch her closely. If she's eating and pooping, she's probably ok. If she's not, she may have an intestinal blockage that will require some major assistance from the vet. We've been there and done that - and it's not fun and is really bad if you don't catch it in time.

Carpet cleaner: I have just found the most awesome stuff. I've long been a proponent of Nature's Miracle, and still love it. However, this new stuff is amazing. It's called Get Serious! and you can get it at PetSmart. It's also insanely easy to use.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home