Saturday, August 09, 2008

Gray, or not to Gray...that is the question.

So...in case you haven't noticed (with the exception of the bloggers that have never seen me)...I'M GOING GRAY. I've "chosen" to grow my natural color out since I'm moving to China. I figure that now is a great time to do it. I mean...I don't exactly know if I'll be able to find Loreal's Medium Ash Brown color over there. Plus natural might look FABULOUS on me...and I wont know until I try. Right??

My Dad has really pretty silver hair color. He started going gray when he was in his 20's before I was born. Nevertheless, I've always known my "daddy" to have brown and gray hair. I can remember the transition to a complete silver head of hair when I was about a senior in highschool..when Dad was in his 40's. Before that, he had "salt and pepper".

My Mom has BEAUTIFUL gray...roots. Which I only get to see when she doesn't color her hair fast enough. Now, don't get me wrong, I think my mom is beautiful, but her hair is REALLY over processed and, "I think", I've chosen to avoid that.

I say "I think" because I'm still not completely 100% sold on this idea. Mainly
because, now that my gray hair is starting to REALLY grow out, I'm realizing "HOLY CRAP!!!! I HAVE A TON OF GRAY HAIR!!!!". Serioulsy...I have more than most 50 year old women do naturally.

My husband "claims" that he doesn't care...but, I'm not sure if he's telling the 100% truth. He always says that the only time he'll ever lie to me is if he has a big surprise up his sleeve. I hope he doesn't surprise me with "Honey, your hair is terrible...please change it" after I've been so patient to grow it out. Know what I mean?

My mother-in-law went gray naturally and looked great. So...maybe Justin DOES like gray hair.

...oh well.

Anyway...I'll see if I can get Justin to take a picture up close of the gray roots adorning the crown of my head and I'll post it.

So...give me YOUR opinion. What do you think about a 30 year old going completely gray?

4 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

i hope it's totally in 'cause i'm right there with ya, girl!

i'm not the color-my-hair type, i don't think, so it looks like i'll just have to embrace it.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I can honestly say I've never noticed any gray hairs on your head and I generally see you on a weekly basis. Not necessarily up close, but weekly all the same. What I don't understand is how the people who choose to cover up their gray can ever stop? Can you be medium ash brown one day and then decide to just go natural? That could only create a horrible half gray- half medium ash brown concoction which seems very unfortunate and somewhat scary.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Chris and Carrie said...

I say grow it out! i am trying to do it as well. Mostly just to save money... I only have about 6 gray hairs in the very front, but what the heck... We are happily married, secure, women. What are we so afraid of?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

You KNOW your hubby loves you, silly girl!! ;)

And to make you feel a tiny bit better...my friend Marty was almost completely gray in high school. Yowza.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home