Or, at least it has for the Jones’. They say bad things “come in three’s”…well, this was number three. Miscarriage, my grandpa died, and now this…
Yesterday, a storm drain / creek thing near our house flooded and we were welcomed by about 3 inches of standing water when we walked in the front door. And…wouldn’t you know it? Unless your home is IN a flood zone, ground water in your home / flooding is not covered by your home owners insurance. We may be able to settle with the City of Fayetteville for their lack of properly maintaining the storm drain…but I doubt it. Especially since their response to us yesterday was “We didn’t cause the rain”.
Just a small list of things damaged…off the top of my head:
1. Our apple lap top that was propped up on its side, leaning on the couch. (we’re hoping we can salvage it)
2. Our digital camera (but Justin was able to bring that back to life yesterday)
3. Justins bible
4. The carpet and carpet pad
5. The area rug
6. our wedding album
7. all my childhood photo albums
8. Some of Justins school books next to the couch.
9. our 2007 tax forms (luckily we had just sent off our forms…but our copies are ruined)
10. Possibly our sheet rock. We’ll have that checked out in a couple of days for moisture in the walls. If there is any, we have to rip it out.
11. All of Justins AMAZING black and white photos from his art class in the past two years. They were in a paper storage box under our large chair.
PRAISE GOD that all of our furniture sits on small wooden legs about 4 inches high. The water was JUST ABOUT to get it…but it didn’t.
As of now, we have a concrete slab for a living room, all our furniture is up on blocks, our dining room table and chairs are in our living room, all of Justin’s school books (as well as other books and random envelopes) are spread through out the upstairs to dry out and we’re staying with friends.
I’m ready for this season of life to be OVER. I’m ready for glasses of sangria on the beach of Spain.
I guess the reason I’m really writing this is to say thank you for all your prayers through these last few weeks. BUT PLEASE KEEP ‘EM COMIN’.